1. Online production. Flexographic printing presses can be produced online, especially after finishing. Such as light, hot stamping (including cold ironing), indentation, die cutting and other processes. After online production, it saves investment, saves space, reduces handling and operating staff, and saves energy. According to rough statistics, flexo printing can save 30% energy and money compared to offset printing.
2. Environmental printing. The water-based inks and UV inks used in flexo printing are free of heavy metals and harmful Jinkang solvents, so packaging foods with flexographic prints does not endanger human health.
3. The printing machine has a simple structure. The flexible machine mechanism has a simpler structure than the offset printing machine, and there is no water supply mechanism, and the number of ink rollers is greatly reduced, and only the anilox roller and the rubber transfer roller are available. The anilox roller functions as an ink transfer, a uniform ink, and a quantitative ink supply, and the operation is very simple.
4. Have strong flexibility. It has a greater advantage in dealing with short-running activities and can meet the fast requirements of customers for printing. For example, the gravure platemaking time is about 7 days, and although the offset printing time is very short, for some prints, the entire printing cycle is still much longer than the flexo printing. For example, in the printing of corrugated boxes, if offset printing is used, it is necessary to print the pattern on the paper first and then onto the carton. Obviously, it is not as fast as printing a pattern directly on a carton.
5. Support for environmental protection policies. In order to protect the health of the people, governments in various countries have stipulated in law that packaging printed matter must meet environmental protection targets. Our government has also published standards and organized random inspections. For example, food boxes and meal papers that have been designated for use in KFC and McDonald's companies in China since 2004 must be printed with flexographic water-based inks. Therefore, the environmental protection policy has brought good opportunities to the flexo market.